1. PRIVACY STATEMENT
The Site does not require personal information from visitors in order to gain access to any part of our Site. With the exception of Site usage information and cookies, no personal information is automatically collected from visitors to the Site. Any other personal information you may provide will be on a voluntary basis.
You may at any time withdraw or change your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information, or request that we delete it from Unger’s files, subject to legal and contractual restrictions. However, if you do not provide personal information required for us to supply you with a service offered on the Site, we may not be able to provide that service to you.
2. LINKS TO OR FROM OTHER WEB SITES
The Site may contain links to other websites. Unger has no control over and assumes no responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of those websites. You should review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
3. USE AND COLLECTION OF INFORMATION; THIRD PARTY PLATFORMS
The Site may integrate third party platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter “like” and “share” functions. We can collect technical information using cookies and other technologies on our own behalf and through the use of third-party platforms, such as those named in this paragraph. Technical information may include your IP address, browsing path, operating system, and other information. When you interact with the third party platforms, such as using the Facebook “like” or “share” feature, that platform may record your interaction with the Site. The third-party platforms have their own privacy policies, which govern the use of any personal or non-personal information they collect.
5. DO NOT TRACK
We do not track your activity on any other website, only ours. We do not use information obtained from this Site to participate in activities commonly known as behavioral advertising and we, by default, do not track your activity on any other site. Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, and our website is able to respond to some, but not all of those signals.
6. DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
Except as specified herein or permitted or required by applicable law, we do not share personal information about you with any third party without your permission and we do not allow third parties to collect personally identifiable information from users on this Site. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating the Site, conducting our business or serving you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information secure and confidential. Third party providers maintain the information they need to perform their designated functions and we do not authorize such parties to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes. We may release your personal information when release is permitted by or appropriate to comply with the law (for example, in response to a legally valid inquiry or order or otherwise required or permitted by applicable law), to enforce our Site policies, to exercise or defend legal claims or to protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
If we become involved in a transaction to sell all or parts of our business or assets or merge with another business, as personal information may be part of such transactions, we may use or disclose such information to other parties involved in the transaction.
Please note that your personal information may be maintained and processed by service providers located in foreign jurisdictions, whose data protection laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live.
7. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have policies and procedures in place to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. In addition, we have implemented technological safeguards including security software, passwords and firewalls intended to prevent unauthorized computer access. No claim is made as to the impenetrability of the system under unusual circumstance or its resilience to future attacks.
8. TRANSFER AND STORAGE OF INFORMATION
Your personal information is stored at secure locations and on servers located in the United States. We or our service providers may use servers located in the United States for back up and emergency storage of this Site. Any electronic records generated by us or our service providers during the course of your interactions with the Site may be maintained on those servers. As such, your personal information may be disclosed, processed and stored outside your country of residence, and therefore may be available to government authorities under lawful orders and laws applicable where the information is stored. You may address questions about the privacy policies and practices relating to handling of your personal information by contacting us by the method set out below. We retain your personal information as long as is required for the purposes identified when you provided the personal information and for any new purposes identified and consented to by you, and for an appropriate time thereafter.
9. CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY
The Site is primarily designed and intended for adults. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from or about children under age 13, and the Site is not designed to collect personal information from children under age 13.
Like many other websites, our Site may utilize a standard technology called a “cookie,” which will be installed in your data terminal, allowing us to collect information about how our Site is used, to help us recognize your browser and thus save and remember any preferences that may have been set.
Cookies that we may issue cannot retrieve any other data from your hard drive or pass on a computer virus.
We may issue cookies that allow us to:
- compile statistics and traffic volume and measure the use of the various sections of our Site (headings and content visited, click streams) which helps us improve the value and usability of our services; to do so, we may use Google Analytics or other third party analytic tools. The information we collect is aggregated and not personally identifiable. To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
- customize the presentation of our Site to the display settings of your data terminal (language, screen resolution, operating system, etc.) during your visit on our Site, based on your data terminal’s hardware, viewing software and video software;
- allow you access to restricted and personalized areas of our Site, such as your account, based on user names, passwords and other data that you may have previously given us access;
- implement security measures, such as when you are asked to log in again to contents or a service after a certain period of time;
- enhance your visit, personalize home pages, identify which parts of our Site have been visited or keep track of your preferences, track a path through our web pages;
- customize the advertising content displayed in our advertising space on your data terminal based on personal data that you have provided; and store information contained in any form that you fill out on our Site to allow you access to restricted and personalized areas of our Site (your account).
- In any case, you can decide to allow or block cookies. There are several ways to manage cookies. However, some difficulties to navigate on our Site might occur.
- You can configure your browser to allow cookies to be stored on your data terminal, to reject them automatically or to reject them from certain issuers. You can also configure your browser so that you are promptly asked to accept or reject cookies before a cookie is saved to your data terminal;
- Each browser has a different way of managing cookies and cookie settings. The configuration of your browser is described in its help menu which will inform you of how to change your cookie settings;
- Concerning Flash cookies using Adobe Flash Player, these are handled by an interface different from that provided by your browser. “Adobe Flash Player”™ is an application that enables the rapid display of dynamic content using the “Flash” computer language. Flash and other similar applications store settings, preferences and usage date using a technology similar to cookies. If your data terminal is likely to view content developed with Flash technology, please access your Flash cookies management tool directly from the Adobe website at http://www.adobe.com
- Finally, you can also connect to www.youronlinechoices.com, a website proposed by digital advertising professionals, in order to help you control, accept or reject some cookies placed in your browser.
B. COOKIES ISSUED ON OUR SITE BY THIRD PARTIES
We are likely to include software applications from third parties on our Site which allow you to share the content of our Site with others or to inform others about your visit or your opinion on the content of our Site. This is particularly the case with the “Share” and “Like” buttons on social networks like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Viadeo, etc.
The social networks that provide these button applications may use the button to identify you even if you have not used this button during your visit our Site. Indeed, this type of button application may allow the social network concerned to track your browsing of our Site, simply because your social network account was active on your data terminal (open session) during your visit to our Site.
We have no control over the processes used by social networks to compile information about your visits to our Site, nor any related personal data they may have. We invite you to review the protection of privacy policies of these social networks in order to understand the purposes behind the collection of browsing data they can compile through such buttons, especially as regards advertising. The policies of social networks must allow you to exercise your personal choice through your account settings.
UNGER Enterprises, LLC