More Than Ever, You Must Truly Clean With The Right Tools
During these challenging times, we at Unger want everyone to stay safe and clean wherever you can to reduce the spread of Coronavirus and other infectious diseases. For over 50 years, we’ve supported the commercial cleaning industry with innovative products to help with generating a faster, safer and cleaner experience. With this experience comes the knowledge of the technologies and tools that can help achieve the best level of results for specific environments and scenarios, such as the current global concern regarding viral contamination.
As your own facility takes the necessary steps to ensure the safety of your property, employees, customers and visitors, we’ve provided the below guidelines to which commercial cleaning tools and technologies we recommend:
- Microfiber cleaning technology lowers bacteria levels by 96%
- Color coded cleaning technology significantly minimizes cross-contamination
- Dual bucket functionality has proven to effectively cleans floors by preventing dirty water from entering the cleaning process
- Disinfectant flexibility allows you to combine cleaning with disinfection when needed
More Than Ever, You Must Truly Clean With The Right ToolsThe CDC recommends performing routine environmental cleaning during virus outbreaks which includes cleaning high touch surfaces such as doorknobs and countertops. Unger has an assortment of tools for your cleaning needs during heightened cold and flu season. Unger tools are designed with efficiency in mind, allowing you to clean faster and better.
What is Microfiber?Simply put, microfiber is one of the most important developments in cleaning technology in years. Microfiber cloths can help you lower the risk associated with harmful contaminants, improve your facility’s image at the lowest possible cost and reduce occupant complaints. As the name states, fibers are repeatedly split in the manufacturing process to make microfibers. Microfibers are knitted into a soft, reusable cleaning cloth that is 30 times finer than cotton. The microfiber’s cleaning surface is packed with filaments that trap soil, remove bacteria and absorb moisture for streak-free cleaning.
Why a Grading System?The range of cleaning products that microfiber may be used for is dictated by many qualities, including fiber thickness, length, finishing, abrasiveness, absorbency, cloth dimension, edging and quality manufacturing techniques. Unger has established several performance factors that have been tested, measured and validated by ASTM independent laboratories and other US standard industry tests. This criteria is designed to assist end users in the selection process when purchasing microfiber cloths.
More Than Ever, You Must Truly Clean With The Right ToolsMost available cleaning buckets utilize a single compartment, reducing cleaning efficacy because soiled water is used to charge the mop. The Unger Desk & Table Cleaning kit includes a dual-chamber bucket and microfiber flat mop setting the standard for cleaning efficiency and hygiene.
- Microfiber technology removes 96% of surface bacteria with less chemicals. The US Green Building Council specifies microfiber products as part of their standards because they conserve water, reduce the use of disposable products and require fewer harsh chemicals.
- Color-coded green to prevent cross-contamination. The SmartColor Cleaning System combines superior technology with the productivity and sanitation benefits of visual coding.
Effective Healthy Cleaning
- Ergonomic 16” microfiber flat mop with handle covers more area faster.
- Rear-mounted pour spout and locking lower drain spout prevents heavy lifting while the dump spout allows workers to empty the bucket with ease.
Faster Surface Cleaning
- The tools and process clean 4x faster enabling more desk and table cleanings per day when compared to the use of spray bottles and cotton rags.
- Dual-compartment bucket separates clean from dirty solution, ensuring the use of clean solution every time and maximizing usage of cleaning solution.
More Than Ever, You Must Truly Clean With The Right ToolsUnger tools and accessories are exactly what your custodians need to keep facilities litter free. Purpose-built grabbers, picker pins and the collapsible NiftyNabber Bagger allow workers to collect refuse without needing to bend over and handle waste, relieving physical strain and possible exposure while cleaning.
- The NiftyNabber's lightweight aluminum shaft, designed to decrease fatigue, helps custodians stay comfortable and healthy.
- Use the People's Paper Picker for effective waste removal, easily picking up litter such as paper, cans, and plastic cups with its strong metal pin.
- Our NiftyNabber bagger collapses and locks for compact shipping and easy storage. Your litter removal work will get done faster and more productively with Unger grabbers and reachers!
More Than Ever, You Must Truly Clean With The Right ToolsAccording to CDC Guidelines, during viral outbreaks its important to clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. Experts recommend the use of microfiber to prevent cross-contamination because it picks up and releases dirt, bacteria and germs. The advantages of using dual-chamber buckets are more sanitary, hygienic floors, as well as environmental benefits and cost savings. Choosing the right tools is crucial to the success of your cleaning process. Unger OmniClean minimizes spread of infectious disease by pairing bacteria reducing microfiber with a dual chamber bucket for the cleanest floors.
- Turbidity tests reveal OmniClean mop water is cleaner on the 13th wring than a traditional string mop on the first wring
Effective Cleaning with OmniClean Microfiber
- Removes 96% of floor bacteria
- Dual chamber bucket leaves bacteria and grime in the dirty bucket
- Pairs with floor disinfectant of choice
- Microfiber mop pad covers more square footage than traditional methods
- OmniClean technology features efficient 1.5 gallon buckets for water and chemical savings
More Than Ever, You Must Truly Clean With The Right ToolsNow is the time to refocus your cleaning efforts to help prevent the transmission of germs and viruses in every area of your building. This is particularly important for high volume, public areas such as education facilities. For restroom cleaning, Unger recommends utilizing microfiber technology which had proven to remove up to 96% of surface bacteria ((70% better than cotton string mops according to the EPA). Combined with color-coded cleaning products that reduce the likelihood of cross-contamination and a dual bucket mopping system that prevents contaminated water from entering the cleaning process, you can effectively clean restroom floors and fixtures at this critical time.
Dual Bucket System
- Improved Hygiene & Ergonomic Design The Unger Dual Bucket sets the standard for cleaning efficiency and hygiene, designed to reduce cross-contamination and improve cleaning by separating clean solution from rinse water and reducing mop head re-soiling.
- Tool Clip System The patented clip system keeps all tools securely attached while you are moving down the hall. No bending or reaching to get tools out/off of the cart.
- Flat Mop vs. String Mops Flat mops are significantly lighter and faster than traditional string mops reducing mop-related worker injuries.
- Storage System The cart system is designed with multiple storage areas for cleaning products. This eliminates the need for return trips to the facility's supply room.
- Ergonomic Design/Maneuverability The ergo handrail and narrow tool tower design allows workers to push or pull the cart with ease while maneuvering in and out of restroom entrances quicker and easier.
- Dual-Purpose Design Advantage The base of the cart acts as a drip tray, catching excess liquid and eliminating drips on restroom or hallway floors.
- On-Board Instructions The cart system includes bilingual instructions (English/Spanish) detailing Unger's 8-Step Restroom Cleaning Process to provide the best clean for your facility.
More Than Ever, You Must Truly Clean With The Right ToolsThe Stingray Refillable System allows you to use your preferred cleaning solution while still gaining all the safety, speed and cleaning benefits Stingray provides. The QuikPad provides even more flexibility, allowing you to clean without having to launder pads.
- Eliminate Airborne Chemicals. Enclosed nozzle design eliminates airborne cleaning chemicals.
- Safely reach up to 18' with Quick Click Attachment Poles. Clean hard to reach and high access areas without ladders or lifts.
Convenience of Personalizing
- Preferred Chemical Solutions. Refillable bottle allows the choice of cleaning agent.
- Clean Pad Flexibility. Utilize he power of microfiber or the convenience of the disposable QuikPad.