Recognizing the Impact of Facility Managers on World Facilities Management Day
Unger joins the International Facility Management Association (IFMA), the Global Facility Management Association, and other industry associations on May 10, 2023 to celebrate the contributions and achievements of the facility management profession. On World Facilities Management Day, we recognize the impact this profession has on keeping facilities and our broader communities operating in a healthy and safe environment.
The “Real Difference” that Facility Managers Make
A typical day for a facility manager includes any combination of monitoring and managing procedures; overseeing staff and schedules; managing customer complaints; engaging with vendors; managing budgets; responding to accidents; etc. However, at the end of the day, the real value of the facility management profession delivers much more value than what meets the eye, including:
- Safety and Security: By mitigating risks and maintaining a safe environment, facility maintenance contributes to the overall well-being and protection of the community. Regular maintenance helps identify and address potential hazards, such as faulty electrical systems, damaged infrastructure, or structural weaknesses.
- Infrastructure Durability: Proper facility maintenance helps preserve the longevity and durability of community infrastructure. Regular upkeep and repairs reduces the likelihood of infrastructure failures, disruptions, and associated inconveniences for community members.
- Economic Development: Well-maintained facilities can positively impact economic development in a community. Attractive and properly maintained public spaces, such as schools and civic buildings, contribute to a favorable living environment and can attract businesses, residents, and visitors.
- Quality of Life: Clean, well-maintained facilities enhance the aesthetics and livability of the community. By providing accessible, well-cared-for facilities, the community’s overall quality of life is improved, promoting a sense of pride, belonging, and well-being among residents.
- Sustainability and Environmental Impact: Facility maintenance can contribute to sustainability efforts and reduce the environmental impact on the community, especially through sustainable cleaning practices, leading to cost savings, conservation of resources, and a reduced carbon footprint.
Today and every day, Unger recognizes that the impact of the facility manager’s work extends beyond the walls of the facility itself. Our promise is to innovate with purpose and to provide quality commercial cleaning tools designed to make the facility manager’s job easier and even more impactful when committed to delivering on the Value of Clean.
Please join us in showing gratitude to these professionals whose work creates an overall safer, more vibrant community for all to enjoy. Share your gratitude by posting a #WorldFMDay or #FMMakingaRealDiffererence message on social media in celebration of World Facilities Management Day.